Château de Valois is located on the southern slopes of the plateau of Pomerol appellation. At the origin, Château de Valois is dismembered in 1862 of part of Chateau Figeac. When Bernard Leydet begins in 1962, the entire vineyard while less than 8 hectares. Over time, many Pomerol plots were acquired. Until his death, Bernard Leydet will constantly improve the quality of its vineyards and wine resulting therefrom.
Since 1996, it is his son Frédéric Leydet who directs the operation.